Sunday, September 23, 2012

August Birchbox!

This box was a mixed bag. The theme was "Beauty 101"

The contents were:
• Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur perfume sample
• Schick Hydro Silk Razor
• SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo & Treatment
• Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss (in exclusive "Birchbox Pink"
• Apothederm™ Stretch Mark Cream
• A small guide to general beauty
 Review after the jump!



My Thoughts
• The perfume was too much for me. Again, if you're sensitive to smells, this one is pretty strong.
• The razor is really nice! The added lotion bits are great if you run out of shaving cream or if you're shaving a large part of your body, like your legs. It's a shame the replacement blades are like $15 a pop
• The hair treatment & shampoo I'll probably never try. I don't think one or two times is enough to get a feel for a hair product, especially a shampoo.
• The lip gloss was my favorite! Unlike the photo, it's a really sheer pink. It's subtle. I actually ended up purchasing a full sized bottle in "Mirage" which is a peachy brown. I tend to favor those sorts of hues, so the pink looking good on me was a surprise!
• The Stretch Mark Cream...the sample is too small to get a good read of its effectiveness.
• The guide was cute. Good for a beauty n00b like me!

As always, Birchbox is a $10/month beauty sample subscription. For every monthly product you review, you get 10 birchbox points. For every 100 birchbox points, you get $10 off your order. It's super easy to reach 100 points every two months! You don't even need to make your feedback public.

My Birchbox Referral Link

Disclaimer: I do not receive any compensation of any kind for these reviews. All reviews are based on my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment