Sunday, September 23, 2012

My first birchbox! (May 2012)

These first few entries will be a bit outdated, but oh well :)

My friend from middle school introduced me to Birchbox earlier this year. It's a monthly subscription service where for $10, you get 3 or 4 high end beauty samples. Some months are hit or miss, but over all, I've been very satisfied.

For every monthly product you review, you get 10 birchbox points. For every 100 birchbox points, you get $10 off your order. It's super easy to reach 100 points every two months! You don't even need to make your feedback public

My Birchbox Referral Link

So with no further ado, this is what I got in my first Birchbox:

More after the jump!





This is what came in it:
• a sample of Color Club's Disco Nap nail polish
• SUGAR Rose tinted lip treatment SPF 15
• a sample of Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
• Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Petite Cologne Absolue

My Thoughts:
I quite liked Disco Nap. It's a silvery gold that goes on smoothly.
I haven't tried the bb cream yet...I should get on that!
The lip treatment (let's be honest, it's a fancy chapstick) is a bit too pink for my tastes. It also feels a bit gritty
 The perfume is definitely vanilla-y! also super strong. If you're sensitive to smells (like I am), this isn't the perfume for you. I got a headache from it. :/

Not bad for a first time!

 Disclaimer: I do not receive any compensation of any kind for these reviews. All reviews are based on my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment