Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tipped with Gold

So apparently the new fall color is forest green. I heard Essie's "Stylenomics" was a deep forest green, perfect for fall!

I'd give it two stars.


First, the good:
The formula is very smooth. No streaks here! One coat is enough. The first coat is a very deep, dark green. That's basically where the pros end.

The bad:
I usually add a second coat, just to cover any spots I may have missed. (I always end up missing the side edges of my nails) This second coat turns the polish black. Only under direct sunlight can you even tell that it might be green.

So very disappointing indeed!

It does look good with Color Club's Disco Nap, though!

Overall, the quality is great. The formula is buttery smooth, which is good, since Essie can be fairly hit or miss. But the color, which is the most important aspect, is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment